Research has shown that walnuts, almonds and cashews are among the healthiest nuts, offering great health benefits. Eating nuts as a part of a balanced diet may result in significant health benefits. Nutritional value can be found in all nuts. However, walnuts, almonds and cashews each have unique health benefits.
1. Unsaturated fats - monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats (both are considered "good" fats that may help lower bad cholesterol levels)
2. Omega-3 Fatty Acids - help reduce inflammation, reduces risk of various diseases, cancer and arthritis.
3. Fiber - helps regulate the digestive system, helps with weight control and helps control blood sugar.
4. L-arginine - helps boost immune system, helps increase blood flow and circulation and helps metabolize protein.
5. Vitamin E - contributes to healthier circulatory system, decreased the risk of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), may help slow the development of atherosclerosis .